Saturday, July 16, 2016

Additional resources on Time-Restricted Eating in Humans & Breast Cancer Prevention Ruth Patterson, PhD and Rhonda Patrick PhD


Oh, my, this is too good to not share immediately.

I've entered into the $$ discount  window on my health insurance bio markers. Each Sept- October, I go into a Patient Service Center and get weighed, my waist measured, my glucose, HA1c, hs-CRP, blood pressure measured,and a blood nicotine test.

I get somewhere between $600-1000 a year discounts- both on my paychecks and in Amazon gift cards. It's not chump change, I'm telling you. As a single head of household I can travel on this money OR I can add to my ROTH IRA. That's huge for health and financial goals.

I still can see  higher values than I'd like glucose and HA1c (my 23nMe tells me I'm high risk for obesity and type 2 diabetes), so using the app from Dr. Panda's lab goes hand in hand with weight maintenance, and my long term biomarkers.

I like Dr. Patterson's statement- ......it's a basic quality of life, 360 since there's a reduce risk of cardiac disease, depression. Total benefit. 360 degrees.

I'm doing the happy dance. I can't tell you how hard it is to watch my fellow weight maintainers fall back into the weight gain mode. On weight maintenance island, we need more tools. There are too many ineffective tools promoted by large weight loss organizations- IMO.

I'll be darned if I made it to beat obesity after 40 years of binge eating and food addiction only to go back to being high risk. Nope. No freaking WAY.

Here's what's working for me now

1. Using my biomarkers for my insurance discount to make sure I stay in optimum health
2. Reducing my risk despite my genetics for obesity and type 2 diabetes.
3. Being open to track my food and to participate in health studies.

Here's what didn't work in the past

1. Ignoring my rising glucose and HA1c and weight, making excuses in my head.
2. Not accepting or taking action that weight increased my breast cancer and cardiac risks.
3. Not tracking my food or weight and continuing to eat Junk WW foods, packaged foods and only rely on counting calories or points as I aged combined with eating ALL of the time. Sneaky Snacking I used to call it.

I believe this could be an important 360 tool. Onward. I hope you'll share what works for you on weight maintenance island.

No comments:

Post a Comment