Here's what worked for me:
- Eliminating dairy helped my sinuses
- My clear sinuses helped me sleep better
- I feel calmer and more focused and less stressed
- I find myself "in the zone" for problem solving and creating more often
- I weigh about 2 more pounds, yet my clothes fit better (cool!)
- I maintained a 70+ pound weight loss for the 12th month in a row!!!!
- My skin broke out less often.
- My upper body strength is better.
- I stayed well (no colds and flu)- Everybody knock on wood, right now!!! "knock, knock, knock"
- My intuition told me to take a long walk on the beach and I got this cool photo of the Goodyear Blimp at sunset. And this photo of black sand/sediment around the rocks on the beach.
Here are (the very minor) negative things-
- I tried ghee (clarified butter, allowed on Whole30)- I felt sick. :(
- I tried to make beef bone broth. I poured it down the drain.
- I created the double paleo-fail-ieo- both the ghee and the the bone broth on the same day.
- I have more loose skin now than ever. Not a fail, but funny/funky none the less!
- It was easier to over eat on nuts. I have a fix for that (my nutty post)
Bring in certain foods, see how I feel. Continue on my path. Grow, lift things, take a lot of walks on the beach and crush it at the gym. Oh, and photograph the heck out of other people's gardens.(OPG). It's all about OPG and consistency this year.
Updated photos soon for my one year weight maintenance party, Feb 3, 2013.