Monday, April 29, 2013

Meet up with Jimmy Moore, Sean Croxton, and lunch with Not So Fast food truck- San Diego

Jimmy Moore was in town last week for a conference in San Diego. He had a lunch time meet-up and the Not So Fast food truck was on hand. It was awesome to eat lunch with Jimmy and listen to Jimmy and Sean talk shop. 

A big thank you to Jimmy Moore for bringing low carb, Paleo and lipid information to the masses with his books and podcasts. Safe travels and have an excellent 2013 cruise. Web site here

Yo! It was so cool to meet Sean Croxton. I've listened to Sean's Underground Wellness pod casts for a while now. When Sean recommends a product or book, I know it's legit.  Love his Wellness Summits and interviews. Web site is here

Great food for lunch. Eating at the Not So Fast food truck was on my 2013 list of things to do. Awesomeness. I had the Pavo Diablo Turkey burger with added avocado. Jr. Family Member tried the Which Came First. Great flavors, very filling, and lots of good lettuce to wrap up the contents and devour.  If you are in the San Diego area or visiting, check out the the food truck schedule here

More photos below

Jimmy more and me

Sean Croxton an me

the Not So Fast food truck

Menu for lunch

Packing up to go

16 comments:

  1. Way jealous!!!!!!! Sean and Jimmy were both pivotal in my change of eating. Lucky you. I love the name too... not so fast food truck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just chance that I saw Jimmy's tweets and that I was going to be in downtown SD the same date. Awesomeness! I live close enough to SD to go there if I'm motivated enough. We have Sean Croxton, George the Civilized Caveman and a few other Paleo personalities around town. I'll be on the look out to do some more Paleo/ Low Carb Paparazzi work this summer. ;)

      Delete
  2. Brilliant Karen. Great to hear about the day and to see the photo's.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day to eat outside and walk along the harbor. Thanks for stopping by, Jan. It was great timing with the podcast, too.

      Delete
  3. WAAAAIT!!!!! You live in San Diego?!?!?!?! I live in Mission Viejo!!! Holy hell! We gotta hook up someday! My eldest daughter teaches in San Diego! She and my grandson live in Chula Vista!

    holy hell!

    Do they travel to O.C., or stay in SD (the food truck guys.).....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwen, I'll hit you up with a private email soon with additional info. The Paleo food truck is usually in SD county, and there are now 2 trucks. They do travel around, so maybe we can find a common date/location- or you could find it on trip to CV. Small world.....

      Delete
  4. How fun! And you look so tiny in those pictures!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheri. Jimmy is super tall. Sean is super fit. Fun to see all the different sized shapes and ages of the low-carb/Paleo crowd. Lots of major transformation people within the blogging groups.

      Delete
  5. I would chase that truck down the street!!!! :)
    You look adorable, Karen. And HAPPY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the concept of not-so-fast food! Texas is slow to get on the local/healthy wagon, though. Thanks again for turning me on to Jimmy Moore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great time! I've never seen a food truck in person. Small, small town here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen - I listened to your podcast today on the Jimmy Moore show! You did really well - how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen! Thanks for connecting with me! I love your blog- awesome work. And congrats on the 70 lbs! Amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Norma- yes! I've been looking at the schedule on this food truck for a while now... So yummy!
    Kaki- I know there is a big paleo, real food group in Austin, I can see how there's a lot of city-to-city variability.
    Diane- hopefully, someday, you'll see a food truck with good food (maybe an event or parade, festival?) I grew up in a small town environment, so I totally understand.
    Lynda- glad you liked the podcast. It was fun!
    Wendy- congrats on your success, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen so wonderful you met Jimmy, been listening to him for years also but for some reason I do not remember Sean's podcasts. So great you got to meet and greet. Jimmy looks great also, i think about 2-3 years ago he was experiencing some health/weight challenges---i was in the middle of moving for the 3rd time in 3 years, criss-crossing the country and just lost touch with the low carb world---thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete